Fill in the top section of the return with the details of the entity you are lodging the return on behalf of:
- Agent full name: The full name of the Candidate’s Agent. When you begin typing in this field, a list of potential matches will appear. Select the relevant name from the list. The icon to the right of the field will change from ‘unlinked’ to ‘linked’. If the name is not already in the list, you can type it in.
- Candidate & Groups: The name of the Candidate or Candidate Group. When you begin typing in this field, a list of potential matches will appear. Select the relevant name from the list. The icon to the right of the field will change from ‘unlinked’ to ‘linked’. If the name is not already in the list, you can type it in.
Filling in the form
Fill in the fields as follows, noting that a red asterisk next to the field name indicates it must be completed before you are able to submit the return:
- Applicable expenditure cap: Amount of applicable expenditure.
- Political Expenditure Incurred During the Capped Expenditure Period: Capped expenditure period for the State Election.
- Political Expenditure Incurred Before the Capped Expenditure Period for Use During the Period: Amount of Political Expenditure Incurred. Under section 130A(6a) of the Electoral Act 1985, political expenditure on electoral matter in relation to a candidate or group, for the primary purpose of publication, use or display of that electoral matter during the capped expenditure period, will be taken to have been incurred during the capped expenditure period
Options for submitting
When you have filled in the form, you have a number of options.
- Save draft– this will save the complete return with all details entered so far as a draft. You will be able to go back into the return later (from the ‘Summary’>’Drafts’ tab) and make additional entries or amendments as required before either re-saving as a draft or submitting it.
- Submit– when you are ready to submit the return, click the ‘Submit’ button. You will be asked to confirm lodgement of the return. Read the information and click ‘Submit’ if you can confirm the statements, and 'Cancel' if you need to make additional changes before submitting.
- Incomplete returns –if the return is incomplete, you will be notified of such and given the opportunity to complete the missing information. Under certain circumstances, incomplete returns may be submitted to ECSA. If you wish to submit the return incomplete, you will be asked to provide a reason. ECSA will assess that reason against legislation and ECSA policy, and may contact you for additional information. The Incomplete submission section permits you enter data for Notice of Inability to Complete Return.
- Audit Certificate – An audit certificate is required by a due date informed, select one of the 3 options: Attach Audit Certificate, Request an Audit Waiver or Request an Audit Deferral.
- Attachments: You can provide other documents in support of a waiver/deferral application in the Public/Private Attachments section.